IHS Chemical Week

Chemical Week Magazine :: Top of the Week

PPG mulls options for Transitions optical jv stake

7:14 AM MST | January 18, 2013 | —Robert Westervelt

PPG Industries says that it is currently in discussions with partner Essilor, a maker of ophthalmic lenses and optical equipment, relating to the future of their Transitions Optical joint venture, a leading provider of photochromic lenses. PPG is the majority shareholder in Transitions, which was formed in 1990, holding a 51% interest in the jv. Essilor holds the remaining 49% interest and is the largest customer of Transitions. PPG said it cannot predict the outcome of the discussions with Essilor but outlined three possible outcomes. The options include a...

This information is only available to Chemical Week subscribers.

Username:
Password:

Forgot your user ID or password?
Click here to have it sent to you.



Not an IHS Chemical Week member yet?

Here's why you should be:

  • 31 issues of Chemical Week magazine in print or digital format
  • Critical daily news and analysis on chemweek.com
  • Free mobile edition 
  • 20+ years of online archives
  • Topical e-newsletters that capture the most impactful events
  • Special issues with a regional or company focus
  • Global Outlook issue

Subscribe now

100% Satisfaction Guarantee
If at any time you are not completely satisfied with IHS Chemical Week, simply notify us and we'll refund the balance of your paid subscription - no problem.

Learn more about group subscriptions and site licenses.

 














 
contact us | about us | customer care | privacy policy | sitemap | advertise

ihsCopyright © 2015 IHS, Inc. All rights reserved. Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.

North Asia Russia Southeast Asia China India/Pakistan Middle East Eastern Europe Western Europe Central America Canada USA Australia/New Zealand South America Africa