IHS Chemical Week

Chemical Week Magazine :: Business & Finance :: Europe/Mideast

World's Largest Scientific Experiment Underway

2:42 AM MDT | September 10, 2008 |

Alex Scott

Why do our bodies have mass? Why is only 4% of the universe made up of matter and why doesn’t the other 96% have mass? These are the fundamental questions-among others-that the international science community has set out to answer with the successful start up this morning of the European Organization for Nuclear Research's (CERN; Geneva, Switzerland) Large Hadron Collider (LHC) based near Geneva, at a point spanning the border between France and Switzerland.   The LHC, dubbed the “big bang machine,” has been designed to replicate...

This information is only available to Chemical Week subscribers.

Username:
Password:

Forgot your user ID or password?
Click here to have it sent to you.

Risk Free Trial

Email Address

First Name

Last Name

Click here to register and get your RISK-FREE access to chemweek.com

Not an IHS Chemical Week
24/7 member yet?

Here's why you should be:

  • Searchable online archive access of the last 2 years of Chemical Week.
  • Print or digital magazine subscription
  • Price and market change alerts
  • Economic data and statistics
  • Buyers' Guides
  • Webcasts | whitepapers

 

 

 













 
contact us | about us | customer care | privacy policy | sitemap | advertise

ihsCopyright © 2012 IHS, Inc. All rights reserved. Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.

North Asia Russia Southeast Asia China India/Pakistan Middle East Eastern Europe Western Europe Central America Canada USA Australia/New Zealand South America Africa