IHS Chemical Week

Chemical Week Magazine :: Business & Finance :: Asia/Pacific

LFP Venture Formed

7:24 AM MST | January 20, 2012

Mitsui Engineering & Shipbuilding (MES; Tokyo) and Toda Kogyo (Otake, Japan) say they will jointly build a facility for the production of lithium iron phosphate (LFP) at MES’s production site at Chiba, Japan. The plant will have capacity to produce 2,100 m.t./year of LFP and it is to start up in first quarter 2013. MES and Toda have established a jv firm, M&T Olivine Co. (Chiba), in which MES owns 51% and Toda has the remaining 49%. MES, following R&D work on LFP at a pilot plant built in 2009, constructed a semi-commercial plant with a production...

This information is only available to Chemical Week subscribers.


Forgot your user ID or password?
Click here to have it sent to you.

Not an IHS Chemical Week member yet?

Here's why you should be:

  • 31 issues of Chemical Week magazine in print or digital format
  • Critical daily news and analysis on chemweek.com
  • Free mobile edition 
  • 20+ years of online archives
  • Topical e-newsletters that capture the most impactful events
  • Special issues with a regional or company focus
  • Global Outlook issue

Subscribe now

100% Satisfaction Guarantee
If at any time you are not completely satisfied with IHS Chemical Week, simply notify us and we'll refund the balance of your paid subscription - no problem.

Learn more about group subscriptions and site licenses.


contact us | about us | customer care | privacy policy | sitemap | advertise

ihsCopyright © 2015 IHS, Inc. All rights reserved. Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.

North Asia Russia Southeast Asia China India/Pakistan Middle East Eastern Europe Western Europe Central America Canada USA Australia/New Zealand South America Africa