IHS Chemical Week

Chemical Week Magazine :: Business & Finance :: Asia/Pacific

Chandra Asri and Michelin form synthetic rubber JV

1:08 PM MDT | June 28, 2013 | —Francinia Protti-Alvarez

Chandra Asri Petrochemical (Jakarta) and tire maker Michelin (Clermont-Ferrand, France) have signed an agreement to create a joint venture in Indonesia to produce synthetic rubber, Michelin says. Michelin will own 55% of the jv, with Chandra Asri owning the remaining 45%. The jv will require an investment of about $435 million, and construction is scheduled to start in early 2015, pending a final investment decision. The plant is expected to start up in early 2017. Details of the type of rubber it will produce have not been disclosed. Demand for synthetic rubber...

This information is only available to Chemical Week subscribers.


Forgot your user ID or password?
Click here to have it sent to you.

Risk Free Trial

Email Address

First Name

Last Name

Click here to register and get your RISK-FREE access to chemweek.com

Not an IHS Chemical Week
24/7 member yet?

Here's why you should be:

  • Searchable online archive access of the last 2 years of Chemical Week.
  • Print or digital magazine subscription
  • Price and market change alerts
  • Economic data and statistics
  • Buyers' Guides
  • Webcasts | whitepapers




contact us | about us | customer care | privacy policy | sitemap | advertise

ihsCopyright © 2015 IHS, Inc. All rights reserved. Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.

North Asia Russia Southeast Asia China India/Pakistan Middle East Eastern Europe Western Europe Central America Canada USA Australia/New Zealand South America Africa