Regions :: Western Europe :: Italy
PPG mulls options for Transitions stake
1:28 PM MST | January 14, 2013 | Robert Westervelt
PPG Industries says that it is currently in discussions with partner Essilor relating to the future of their Transitions Optical joint venture, a leading provider of photochromic lenses. PPG is the majority shareholder in Transitions, which was formed in 1990, holding a 51% interest in the jv. Essilor holds the remaining 49% interest and is also the largest customer of Transitions. PPG says it cannot predict the outcome of the discussions with Essilor but outlined three possible outcomes. The options include a modification of the current jv structure, a sale of...
This information is only available to Chemical Week subscribers.
Forgot your user ID or password?
Not an IHS Chemical Week member yet?
Here's why you should be:
100% Satisfaction Guarantee