in this issue
Regions :: Western Europe
No Substance to Wacker Bid Talks
4:30 AM MST | February 11, 2010 | Natasha Alperowicz
Press reports citing market talk that Wacker Chemie's major shareholder Peter-Alexander Wacker has been approached by BASF seeking a stake in the company, have been dismissed by people familiar with the situation. Both Wacker and BASF declined to comment. The Wacker family owns just under 70% of Wacker Chemie's stock with the remaining 30% listed on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange. "I don't see why Wacker's major shareholder should consider such a move, there is no strategic reason for this," one source tells CW. There is also no financial reason for...
This information is only available to Chemical Week subscribers.
Forgot your user ID or password?
Not an IHS Chemical Week member yet?
Here's why you should be:
100% Satisfaction Guarantee