IHS Chemical Week

Regions :: North Asia :: Japan

Ube JV signs patent license agreement with LG Chem for separator film technology

7:55 AM MDT | May 16, 2014 | Deepti Ramesh

Ube Industries says that its Ube Maxell (Oyamazaki, Japan) joint venture has signed a patent license agreement with LG Chem (Seoul) for separator film technology owned by LG Chem. Ube Maxell, established in 2011, is a jv between Ube and Hitachi Maxell (Tokyo) that is involved in the manufacturing and sales of coated separator films for lithium-ion (Li-ion) batteries. Ube owns a 51% stake in Ube Maxell, and Hitachi Maxell owns the remaining 49%. Ube Maxell, under the agreement, acquires patent use rights for ceramic coating of...

This information is only available to Chemical Week subscribers.

Username:
Password:

Forgot your user ID or password?
Click here to have it sent to you.

Risk Free Trial

Email Address

First Name

Last Name

Click here to register and get your RISK-FREE access to chemweek.com

Not an IHS Chemical Week
24/7 member yet?

Here's why you should be:

  • Searchable online archive access of the last 2 years of Chemical Week.
  • Print or digital magazine subscription
  • Price and market change alerts
  • Economic data and statistics
  • Buyers' Guides
  • Webcasts | whitepapers

 

 

 













 
contact us | about us | customer care | privacy policy | sitemap | advertise

ihsCopyright © 2014 IHS, Inc. All rights reserved. Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.

North Asia Russia Southeast Asia China India/Pakistan Middle East Eastern Europe Western Europe Central America Canada USA Australia/New Zealand South America Africa