IHS Chemical Week

Regions :: North Asia :: Japan

Mitsui-Siam Cement JV to Increase PP Compounds Capacity in Thailand

12:06 AM MST | January 17, 2012 | Deepti Ramesh

Mitsui Chemicals says that its Grand Siam Composites (Bangkok) joint venture will increase production capacity for polypropylene (PP) compounds by 18,000 m.t./year at Map Ta Phut, Thailand, to meet the growing demand of the automotive industry. SCG Chemicals, the chemicals subsidiary of Siam Cement Group (SCG; Bangkok) holds 46.2% stake in Grand Siam Composites; Mitsui holds 45.2%; Prime Polymer Co. (Tokyo) holds 3%; and others own 5.6%. Prime Polymer is a subsidiary of Mitsui, in which Mitsui holds 65% stake and Idemitsu Kosan holds the remaining 35%. The...

This information is only available to Chemical Week subscribers.


Forgot your user ID or password?
Click here to have it sent to you.

Not an IHS Chemical Week member yet?

Here's why you should be:

  • 31 issues of Chemical Week magazine in print or digital format
  • Critical daily news and analysis on chemweek.com
  • Free mobile edition 
  • 20+ years of online archives
  • Topical e-newsletters that capture the most impactful events
  • Special issues with a regional or company focus
  • Global Outlook issue

Subscribe now

100% Satisfaction Guarantee
If at any time you are not completely satisfied with IHS Chemical Week, simply notify us and we'll refund the balance of your paid subscription - no problem.

Learn more about group subscriptions and site licenses.


contact us | about us | customer care | privacy policy | sitemap | advertise

ihsCopyright © 2015 IHS, Inc. All rights reserved. Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.

North Asia Russia Southeast Asia China India/Pakistan Middle East Eastern Europe Western Europe Central America Canada USA Australia/New Zealand South America Africa