IHS Chemical Week

Regions :: North Asia :: Japan

Asahi Kasei and FDK Form Lithium-Ion Capacitor Business JV

3:44 AM MDT | October 3, 2011 | Deepti Ramesh

Asahi Kasei and FDK Corp. (Tokyo) say they have today established a joint venture company for their combined business operations related to lithium ion capacitors (LIC), a next-generation energy storage device. The jv company, dubbed Asahi Kasei FDK Energy Device (Shizuoka, Japan), will research, develop, produce and sell LIC cells and modules. FDK will have 51% stake in the jv company and Asahi Kasei will own the remaining 49% stake. As LICs are increasingly known for having higher cell capacity than conventional electric double-layer capacitors and longer life...

This information is only available to Chemical Week subscribers.

Username:
Password:

Forgot your user ID or password?
Click here to have it sent to you.



Not an IHS Chemical Week member yet?

Here's why you should be:

  • 31 issues of Chemical Week magazine in print or digital format
  • Critical daily news and analysis on chemweek.com
  • Free mobile edition 
  • 20+ years of online archives
  • Topical e-newsletters that capture the most impactful events
  • Special issues with a regional or company focus
  • Global Outlook issue

Subscribe now

100% Satisfaction Guarantee
If at any time you are not completely satisfied with IHS Chemical Week, simply notify us and we'll refund the balance of your paid subscription - no problem.

Learn more about group subscriptions and site licenses.

 














 
contact us | about us | customer care | privacy policy | sitemap | advertise

ihsCopyright © 2015 IHS, Inc. All rights reserved. Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.

North Asia Russia Southeast Asia China India/Pakistan Middle East Eastern Europe Western Europe Central America Canada USA Australia/New Zealand South America Africa