IHS Chemical Week

Regions :: Middle East :: Saudi Arabia

Saudi Aramco and Sinopec Sign Yasref Refinery Deal (Update)

12:06 AM MST | January 17, 2012 | Deepti Ramesh

Sinopec says it has signed a joint venture agreement with Saudi Aramco on January 15, for the previously announced refinery at Yanbu, Saudi Arabia. The jv has been named Yanbu Aramco Sinopec Refining Co. (Yasref), formerly the Red Sea Refining Co. Saudi Aramco holds a 62.5% stake in the jv and Sinopec holds the remaining 37.5% stake. The jv agreement follows a memorandum of understanding between the two companies signed in March 2011. The jv agreement was signed during Chinese Premier Wen Jiabao’s visit to Saudi Arabia, to enhance bilateral relations. The...

This information is only available to Chemical Week subscribers.


Forgot your user ID or password?
Click here to have it sent to you.

Risk Free Trial

Email Address

First Name

Last Name

Click here to register and get your RISK-FREE access to chemweek.com

Not an IHS Chemical Week
24/7 member yet?

Here's why you should be:

  • Searchable online archive access of the last 2 years of Chemical Week.
  • Print or digital magazine subscription
  • Price and market change alerts
  • Economic data and statistics
  • Buyers' Guides
  • Webcasts | whitepapers




contact us | about us | customer care | privacy policy | sitemap | advertise

ihsCopyright © 2015 IHS, Inc. All rights reserved. Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.

North Asia Russia Southeast Asia China India/Pakistan Middle East Eastern Europe Western Europe Central America Canada USA Australia/New Zealand South America Africa