in this issue
Regions :: Eastern Europe :: Hungary
Chinese Firm Acquires BorsodChem from Private Equity Investors
12:04 PM MST | February 1, 2011 | Ian Young
Wanhua Industrial Group (Yantai, China) has acquired BorsodChem (Kazincbarcika, Hungary) in a deal that establishes Wanhua as a leading player in the global isocyanates market. Wanhua exercised a call option to increase its BorsodChem stake from 38%, to 96% for a reported €1.23 billion from private equity firms Permira and Vienna Capital Partners (VCP; Vienna). The remaining 4% is held by BorsodChem's creditors. Wanhua secured the call option as part of a financial restructuring of BorsodChem in June 2010. Wanhua bought the 38% stake, also from Permira and...
This information is only available to Chemical Week subscribers.
Forgot your user ID or password?
Not an IHS Chemical Week member yet?
Here's why you should be:
100% Satisfaction Guarantee