IHS Chemical Week

Regions :: Australia/New Zealand

Yara and Apache Carve up Australian Fertilizer Producer

7:58 AM MST | February 1, 2012 | Ian Young

Yara International has acquired an additional 16% stake in fertilizer company Burrup Holdings Ltd. (BHL; Perth, Australia) for $143 million, raising its stake in BHL to 51%. Meanwhile, Apache Energy, a subsidiary of Apache Corp. (Houston), has bought the remaining 49% of BHL for $439 million. Yara and Apache purchased the BHL stakes from ANZ Bank (Melbourne), and they have signed a shareholders' agreement under which Yara will become the operator of BHL's fertilizer manufacturing assets. Receivers appointed by ANZ Bank put the combined 65% stake in BHL up for...

This information is only available to Chemical Week subscribers.


Forgot your user ID or password?
Click here to have it sent to you.

Risk Free Trial

Email Address

First Name

Last Name

Click here to register and get your RISK-FREE access to chemweek.com

Not an IHS Chemical Week
24/7 member yet?

Here's why you should be:

  • Searchable online archive access of the last 2 years of Chemical Week.
  • Print or digital magazine subscription
  • Price and market change alerts
  • Economic data and statistics
  • Buyers' Guides
  • Webcasts | whitepapers




contact us | about us | customer care | privacy policy | sitemap | advertise

ihsCopyright © 2015 IHS, Inc. All rights reserved. Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.

North Asia Russia Southeast Asia China India/Pakistan Middle East Eastern Europe Western Europe Central America Canada USA Australia/New Zealand South America Africa