in this issue
Regions :: Australia/New Zealand
Nufarm fined over death of employee
7:41 AM MDT | August 30, 2013 | Deepti Ramesh
Pesticide firm Nufarm (Melbourne) says it was today fined $300,000 in the Victorian County Court for the death of an employee at the company’s Laverton North, Australia, manufacturing facility in May 2011. The employee, Steve Turnbull, died after being exposed to phenolic liquors while carrying out maintenance work. Following an investigation by WorkSafe Victoria, Nufarm was charged with failing to provide supervision necessary to perform work safely, the company...
This information is only available to Chemical Week subscribers.
Forgot your user ID or password?
Not an IHS Chemical Week member yet?
Here's why you should be:
100% Satisfaction Guarantee