in this issue
People & Business :: M&A
Socar JV Increases Its Stake in Petkim
11:23 AM MDT | April 4, 2012 | Sotirios Frantzanas
Socar Turcas Energy--a joint venture among State Oil Co. of Azerbaijan (Socar; Baku), Turcas Petrol (Istanbul), and Aksoy Holdings--has acquired an additional 10.32% stake in petrochemical company Petkim (Izmir, Turkey). The acquisition of the stake amounted to about $168.5 million, based on a report by Turkey's Anadolu news agency. Socar Turcas Energy owns, following the acquisition of the additional shares, a 61.32% stake in Petkim. The remaining 38.67% of Petkim is traded on the Istanbul stock exchange, Petkim says. Socar Turcas Energy was created in 2006. The...
This information is only available to Chemical Week subscribers.
Forgot your user ID or password?
Not an IHS Chemical Week member yet?
Here's why you should be:
100% Satisfaction Guarantee