IHS Chemical Week

People & Business :: Earnings/Finance

Kureha Secures Financing for Li-Ion Battery Technology

8:48 AM MDT | July 31, 2012 | Rebecca Coons

Kureha Battery Materials Japan (KBMJ)  says Kuraray and the Innovation Network Corporation of Japan (INCJ) have agreed to invest up to ¥20.0 billion ($256 million) to support global growth of KBMJ’s lithium-ion (Li-ion) battery technology. Kureha owns a 70% stake in KBMJ, a developer of Li-ion battery anodes, while Itochu owns the remaining 30%. The investment will support KBMJ's global expansion, with a focus on its Carbotron P battery materials technology.  In December 2011, Kuraray agreed with KBMJ to jointly commercialize...

This information is only available to Chemical Week subscribers.


Forgot your user ID or password?
Click here to have it sent to you.

Not an IHS Chemical Week member yet?

Here's why you should be:

  • 31 issues of Chemical Week magazine in print or digital format
  • Critical daily news and analysis on chemweek.com
  • Free mobile edition 
  • 20+ years of online archives
  • Topical e-newsletters that capture the most impactful events
  • Special issues with a regional or company focus
  • Global Outlook issue

Subscribe now

100% Satisfaction Guarantee
If at any time you are not completely satisfied with IHS Chemical Week, simply notify us and we'll refund the balance of your paid subscription - no problem.

Learn more about group subscriptions and site licenses.


contact us | about us | customer care | privacy policy | sitemap | advertise

ihsCopyright © 2015 IHS, Inc. All rights reserved. Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.

North Asia Russia Southeast Asia China India/Pakistan Middle East Eastern Europe Western Europe Central America Canada USA Australia/New Zealand South America Africa