IHS Chemical Week

Markets :: Basic Chemicals :: Petrochemicals :: Para-xylene

Saudi Aramco to buy Hanjin Group out of S-Oil for $1.95 billion

3:15 AM MDT | July 2, 2014 | Natasha Alperowicz

Aramco Overseas Co. (AOC), a subsidiary of Saudi Aramco, confirmed today that it has agreed in principle to acquire Hanjin Group’s entire stake in S-Oil Seoul), comprising approximately 32 million shares, representing 28.4% of the issued and outstanding common shares of S-Oil, for a total of 1.98 trillion South Korean won ($1.95 billion). This share purchase will increase Aramco's ownership in S-Oil from 34.99% to 63.40%. The transaction is subject to formal agreements and regulatory approvals.    Aramco said in January that it...

This information is only available to Chemical Week subscribers.


Forgot your user ID or password?
Click here to have it sent to you.

Not an IHS Chemical Week subscriber yet?

Here's why you should be:

  • 31 issues of Chemical Week magazine a year in print or digital format
  • Real time news and analysis on chemweek.com 
  • 20+ years of online archives
  • Topical e-newsletters that capture the most impactful events
  • Special issues with a regional or company focus
  • Global Outlook issue

Subscribe now


contact us | about us | privacy policy | sitemap

ihsCopyright © IHS, Inc.All rights reserved.Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.

North Asia Russia Southeast Asia China India/Pakistan Middle East Eastern Europe Western Europe Central America Canada USA Australia/New Zealand South America Africa