IHS Chemical Week

World News and Views :: Top of the News

Ube and Hitachi Maxell Form JV for Lithium-Ion Battery Separator Films

11:44 PM MST | January 19, 2011 | Deepti Ramesh

Ube Industries says it has agreed to establish a joint venture with Hitachi Maxell (Osaka, Japan) for the manufacturing and sale of separator films for lithium-ion batteries. The jv dubbed Ube Maxell (Oyamazaki, Japan), will be established on February 1, 2011, and Ube will hold 51% stake in the jv, and Hitachi Maxell will hold the remaining 49%. The market for lithium-ion batteries is currently growing, particularly for applications in portable consumer devices such as mobile phones, laptop computers, and digital cameras, and demand is expected to grow...

This information is only available to Chemical Week subscribers.


Forgot your user ID or password?
Click here to have it sent to you.

Not an IHS Chemical Week member yet?

Here's why you should be:

  • 31 issues of Chemical Week magazine in print or digital format
  • Critical daily news and analysis on chemweek.com
  • Free mobile edition 
  • 20+ years of online archives
  • Topical e-newsletters that capture the most impactful events
  • Special issues with a regional or company focus
  • Global Outlook issue

Subscribe now

100% Satisfaction Guarantee
If at any time you are not completely satisfied with IHS Chemical Week, simply notify us and we'll refund the balance of your paid subscription - no problem.

Learn more about group subscriptions and site licenses.


contact us | about us | customer care | privacy policy | sitemap | advertise

ihsCopyright © 2015 IHS, Inc. All rights reserved. Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.

North Asia Russia Southeast Asia China India/Pakistan Middle East Eastern Europe Western Europe Central America Canada USA Australia/New Zealand South America Africa