IHS Chemical Week

World News and Views :: Top of the News

Nalco's Profits Rise on Volume and Pricing Gains

1:33 PM MDT | August 3, 2011 | Nancy Seewald

Nalco reported second-quarter net earnings up 3%, to $58.4 million, on sales up 8%, to $1.2 billion. Reported earnings were 42 cts/share, compared with 41 cts/share in the year-ago quarter and analysts’ consensus of 38/share, as reported by Thomson Reuters (New York). Sales rose across all divisions driven by 8% volume growth and a 3% overall increase in selling prices. A favorable foreign currency exchange rate also aided sales growth. Sales in Nalco's paper services segment rose 11%, to $211 million, on double-digit growth in the Americas. Water services...

This information is only available to Chemical Week subscribers.


Forgot your user ID or password?
Click here to have it sent to you.

Not an IHS Chemical Week member yet?

Here's why you should be:

  • 31 issues of Chemical Week magazine in print or digital format
  • Critical daily news and analysis on chemweek.com
  • Free mobile edition 
  • 20+ years of online archives
  • Topical e-newsletters that capture the most impactful events
  • Special issues with a regional or company focus
  • Global Outlook issue

Subscribe now

100% Satisfaction Guarantee
If at any time you are not completely satisfied with IHS Chemical Week, simply notify us and we'll refund the balance of your paid subscription - no problem.

Learn more about group subscriptions and site licenses.


contact us | about us | customer care | privacy policy | sitemap | advertise

ihsCopyright © 2015 IHS, Inc. All rights reserved. Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.

North Asia Russia Southeast Asia China India/Pakistan Middle East Eastern Europe Western Europe Central America Canada USA Australia/New Zealand South America Africa