World News and Views :: Projects
Styrolution and Braskem plan ABS joint venture in Brazil
8:44 AM MDT | October 14, 2013 | Natasha Alperowicz
Styrolution, a joint venture between Ineos and BASF; and Braskem, the largest producer of thermoplastic resins in America and a global leader in biopolymers, today announced the signing of a memorandum of understanding to investigate the formation of a jv in Brazil. The proposed plant, with capacity for 100,000 m.t./year, would supply specialty styrenics, acrylonitrile butadiene styrene (ABS), and styrene acrylonitrile (SAN) copolymers to customers in Brazil and throughout South America. Styrolution would hold 70% in the jv and Braskem the remaining 30%. The...
This information is only available to Chemical Week subscribers.
Forgot your user ID or password?
Not an IHS Chemical Week member yet?
Here's why you should be:
100% Satisfaction Guarantee