IHS Chemical Week

World News and Views :: Projects

Siam Cement, Qatar Petroleum in Petchem JV in Vietnam

10:17 PM MST | November 26, 2009 | Deepti Ramesh

Siam Cement Group (SCG; Bangkok) says it has signed a framework agreement with Qatar Petroleum International (QPI), a subsidiary of Qatar Petroleum (QP) to build a petrochemical complex in southern Vietnam, along with Petrovietnam (Hanoi) and Vinachem (Hanoi). The petchem complex, which will be located at Long Son Island, 100 kms from Ho Chi Min City, will involve a total investment of about $3.5 billion-$4 billion. Petrovietnam and Vinachem will hold 29% stake in the project and the remaining 71% stake will be held by SCG, QPI and an international trading firm...

This information is only available to Chemical Week subscribers.


Forgot your user ID or password?
Click here to have it sent to you.

Not an IHS Chemical Week member yet?

Here's why you should be:

  • 31 issues of Chemical Week magazine in print or digital format
  • Critical daily news and analysis on chemweek.com
  • Free mobile edition 
  • 20+ years of online archives
  • Topical e-newsletters that capture the most impactful events
  • Special issues with a regional or company focus
  • Global Outlook issue

Subscribe now

100% Satisfaction Guarantee
If at any time you are not completely satisfied with IHS Chemical Week, simply notify us and we'll refund the balance of your paid subscription - no problem.

Learn more about group subscriptions and site licenses.


contact us | about us | customer care | privacy policy | sitemap | advertise

ihsCopyright © 2015 IHS, Inc. All rights reserved. Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.

North Asia Russia Southeast Asia China India/Pakistan Middle East Eastern Europe Western Europe Central America Canada USA Australia/New Zealand South America Africa