IHS Chemical Week

World News and Views :: Projects

Nippon Steel Chemical and Showa Denko to Form Aromatics and Styrene Joint Venture

1:21 AM MDT | March 24, 2011 | Deepti Ramesh

Showa Denko and Nippon Steel Chemical (NSC; Tokyo), a subsidiary of Nippon Steel (Tokyo), say they have agreed to establish a joint venture company that will take over NSC's production of styrene, benzene, toluene, and xylenes at Oita, Japan. The jv company, tentatively dubbed NS Styrene Monomer, will be established on August 1, 2011 and be headquartered at Tokyo within the premises of NSC’s head office. NSC will have a 51% stake in the jv and Showa Denko will hold the remaining 49%. NSC will transfer the relevant assets to the new company and NSC will...

This information is only available to Chemical Week subscribers.


Forgot your user ID or password?
Click here to have it sent to you.

Not an IHS Chemical Week member yet?

Here's why you should be:

  • 31 issues of Chemical Week magazine in print or digital format
  • Critical daily news and analysis on chemweek.com
  • Free mobile edition 
  • 20+ years of online archives
  • Topical e-newsletters that capture the most impactful events
  • Special issues with a regional or company focus
  • Global Outlook issue

Subscribe now

100% Satisfaction Guarantee
If at any time you are not completely satisfied with IHS Chemical Week, simply notify us and we'll refund the balance of your paid subscription - no problem.

Learn more about group subscriptions and site licenses.


contact us | about us | customer care | privacy policy | sitemap | advertise

ihsCopyright © 2015 IHS, Inc. All rights reserved. Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.

North Asia Russia Southeast Asia China India/Pakistan Middle East Eastern Europe Western Europe Central America Canada USA Australia/New Zealand South America Africa