IHS Chemical Events
Transportation, Distribution and Security for the Chemical Industry
January 14-16, 2008
New Orleans, LA
New security challenges, labor shortages, rising freight rates…
can you cope?
What will new security policies mean for logistics and supply chain management in the chemical industry? How does the industry deal with labor shortages in transportation? Are rail rates going to continue climbing? What has the chemical industry learned from the devastating hurricanes that hit the U.S. Gulf Coast two years ago?
The chemical industry is facing a slew of new challenges and pressing issues in transportation, distribution, and security that need to be urgently addressed.
Chemical Week’s 13th Annual Transportation, Distribution and Security Conference is the only event dedicated to supply chain and logistics within the chemical industry. The event will take a close look at these urgent issues, and offer you the opportunity to explore, analyze and discuss them with your peers and experts in the field.
Don’t miss the chance to network, and be equipped with ideas and strategies to innovate and advance supply chain and logistics management in your own organization.
We are going back to New Orleans!
Central themes to be explored include:
- The ins and outs of the new security bill by the Department of Homeland Security, and practical implications for production, storage, transportation and distribution
- Rising rates and labor shortages in transportation, and how the industry is working them through
- A look at the rebuilding of Louisiana, two years after the devastation caused by hurricanes and its effects on the industry’s supply chain and distribution network
- Lessons learned in emergency preparedness and disaster recovery, and how the industry can move ahead
- How companies can maximize the efficiency of their distribution network through innovative strategies and technology
This conference is structured for senior level executives responsible for:
- supply chain and logistics
- strategic sourcing
- sourcing and purchasing
- communications in emergencies
|» Gold Sponsor
|» Silver Sponsor